UPCOMING YOGA ALLIANCE RYT 200 HOUR- Praia da Rocha beach, Portimao- PORTUGAL
OCTOBER 9, 2018- OCTOBER 22, 2018
MAY 15TH, 2019-MAY 29TH, 2019
Certified Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
and Ayurvedic Therapy-Massage course in Algarve, Portugal
Treat yourself on this inspiring yoga retreat to southern Portugal. Be awestruck by the beauty of praia da Rocha beach in Portimao, Algarve. Be surrounded by several stunning beach coasts such as the Benagil sea cave beach and grottos declared by the Huffington Post as one of “the most beautiful beaches in the world.” Be inspired, meditate, learn, contemplate, take home a valuable gift of restored health, and learn in depth about the art of teaching yoga, meditation, pranayama, yogic lifestyle and self-sustainability as a global yoga teacher.
Participating in Bend it like Buddha’s certified Yoga Alliance RYT 200 Hour training and Ayurveda medicine course and applied yoga anatomy will transform and inspire you.
Our teacher training program can be the first step in a life changing journey of health and wellness. This program is conducted once a year to guarantee the best of the best teachers are available for this unique double certification training (RYT 200 hr + 10 hour Ayurvedic Massage course). You will be learning from highly experienced, talented, and compassionate instructors.
- Intensive 200 hours of Ashtanga+ Vinyasa Flow training
- Variety of daily Meditation and Pranayama ( powerful breathing techniques)
- Receive a one-of-a-kind double certificate upon completion
- Alignment & Modification lessons in Ashtanga+ Vinyasa Flow
- Daily morning tea, coffee or organic juices
- Daily Vegetarian Meals
- 14 Nights accommodation
- Introduction to traditional Ayurvedic medicine and Yoga Nidra Meditation
- Yoga Philosophy: How to apply 8 Limbs of Yoga into daily life, learn more about Patanjali Yoga
- Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Teaching Methods
- Learn about Nutrition & Vegetarianism
- Modules on applied anatomy in a practical manner through Ayurveda massage
- Sound Healing session with gongs, Tibetan Singing Bowls,crystals and angel cards
- Reiki Attunement Session(optional)
- In-depth learning about yogic lifestyle
- Practice teaching yoga everyday
- Hiking nearby
- Mountain walking/trekking nearby
- Swimming pool
- World class beaches nearby
- Relaxing Dining area
- Local markets nearby
- Tour assistance
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Self-service Kitchen
- Lounge area
- Newly renovated Yoga studio
- Free Wi-Fi
- Room cleaning, towel service
This training is a perfect balance between peaceful countryside relaxation( for private villa option) and upbeat, lively friendly, cafes and restaurants of the beach strip of Praia da Rocha beach. The evening and morning Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda massage techniques and Pranayama are the essential aspects of this training. You will find the teachers and the Bend it like Buddha Yoga studio uplifting and relaxing.
During the training, you will practice sunrise Vinyasa flow yoga in the morning, followed by gentle Flow, Restorative yoga or therapy sessions such as sound healing in the evenings. The sessions are usually held in a boutique yoga studio on Praia da Rocha or on the beach depending on weather, and include pranayama (breathwork), mindful meditation, and yoga Nidra meditation. Students will have ample time with teachers 1×1 and will be practicing teaching starting on day one and receivce practical feedback. Business yoga, social media and tips for branding studios and yourself as a global yoga teacher will be covered.
We will be enjoying a variety of unique healing activities such as Reiki healing, Tibetan bowl sound healing, Chakra &Kundalini meditations and powerful pranayama sessions. There will be classes on lesson planning, Vinyasa and Ashtanga inspired sequencing and how to teach students each of these techniques.
What You Will Receive:
- Ancient teachings brought into a contemporary context
- Becoming a part of the family and feeling like you’ve know everyone for years
- Complete change in your lifestyle
- Delicious healthy organic, vegetarian meals
- Surrounding beaches and the beautiful nature, sound of owls, singing starlings, and of course the amazing sunsets, sunrises, and millions of stars and moonlight
- Lessons from a variety of experienced teachers (each one has different strengths) who will help you grow in many different ways
- Meeting people from all over the world who share the same passion for the yogic lifestyle
- Transformational experience that you’ll remember for the rest of your life
- 06:30 – 8:00 Mantras, Pranayama, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Asana Flow
- 08:00 – 09:00 Take rest/breakfast
- 09:00 – 10:00 Pranayama
- 10:00 – 11:00 Yoga Nidra Meditation, Osho Meditation, Mindfullness Meditations, Buddhist meditations or Reiki
- 11:00 – 12:00 Alignment, adjustment, and modifications
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:00 8 Limbs/Ethics/ Philosophy, Running a Yoga studio & Social Media
- 14:00 – 17:30 Anatomy, Physiology and Ayurveda &massage modules or Kirtan-Chanting with instruments and voice
- 17:30 – 18:30 Applied Teaching Methodology- Practice Teaching
- 18:30 – 19:00 Take Rest/ Dinner ( 2 planned dinners out to recommended Portuguese restaurants)
Bend it like Buddha( RYS 200) follow Yoga Alliance guidelines by offering 140 contact hours and 60 remaining hours are allotted for study and reviewing course material during free time, preparing for assignments, pre reading manuals prior to the program start date.
Preparing prior to the program by pre reading the course material beforehand helps students retain information and
encourages everyone to get the most out of the training.
- Excursions that you can enjoy during this retreat include:
- Boat tour or kayaking through beach grottos and caves
- Hiking through the woodland forests of Monchique to visit waterfalls, meditate
- Hydro aqua candle light spa with cold pools, hot pools, Turkish baths (steam rooms), sauna, and various relaxing aqua massage jets
This inspirational RYT 200 program is held in gorgeous Praia da Rocha beach in Portimao there’s also Monchique mountain with a woodland forest nearby. This area has inspired many and has been chosen by several imminent yogis and well known gurus to build Ashrams and Eco communities in this region. As it is beautifully natural, peaceful and a refreshing place to restore your mind, body and soul.
The program takes place 1 minute away from Praia da Rocha beach, Portimao-Algarve at the Bend it like Buddha Yoga school ( RYS 200). There are several good restaurants, shops, and cafes with a variety of other activities nearby.
The accommodations offered by Bend it like Buddha are comfortable and have shower, toilet, patio, living room and a kitchen. On request and at additional cost a premium private room or at a villa can be arranged for you about 20 minutes away from the yoga school on praia da Rocha.
The private option offers private bedroom, bathroom, own kitchen and patio accommodations. All bedrooms have their own bath and shower.
All Accomodations include:
Daily cleaning service
Patio- or, Garden
Stove top oven
During the program, you will be served with daily breakfast and lunch. The food concept is healthy, tasty, vegetarian, and organic. Savor juicy local fruit, crunchy organic vegetables, crisp salads, and fragrant herbs while sipping on an energizing juice or sweet, colorful herbal tea.
Everything is freshly harvested and lovingly prepared with attention to detail in the on-site kitchen where you can cook your own meals if you prefer. There are diverse fusion recipes in a peaceful and tranquil setting. Bend it like Buddha Yoga believes that pleasing your palate is fundamental to your experience.
If you are vegan, raw foodie, or gluten free, it’s no problem. The resident chef can make something delicious for you. You can choose from fresh tropical fruit, homemade organic yogurt, a wide selection of vegetarian dishes (delicious even for those not used to vegetarian food), curry dhal, rice, salads, herbal teas, and chai.
Throughout the day you can order for an extra fee small snacks, vitamin, health-booster juices, and fresh local fruit. You can have these at your room or relax in the garden lounge by the swimming pool – the perfect place to rest, study, or listen to some chilled out tunes.
Our students also enjoy occasional dinners out by visiting some of the delicious local restaurants nearby.
There are a variety of restaurants that serve excellent Brazilian, Chinese, Portuguese, Japanese, German, Russian, Indian, Turkish, Italian, or English food.
- 14 nights accommodation
- Daily morning tea or organic juices, snacks
- Daily organic vegetarian breakfast, lunch and meals
- Ayurvedic massage therapy certificate, training and manual
- Registered Yoga Alliance RYT 200 hour Ashtanga + Vinyasa certificate, training and manuals
- 2 daily yoga, meditation or pranayama sessions
- Access to self-serve kitchen, Dining area, Patio-sitting area, Wifi
- Ayurvedic healing massage -therapy
- Consultation and health assessment and support after the training
- Training PDFs and 3 important Yoga Books
- Planned boating-wild life excursion, swim and snorkel through the most beautiful beach grottoes in the world ( Optional, extra fee)
- Personalized yoga program by several experts in Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Anatomy, Ayurveda, Reiki, Sound Healing and MORE!
- Healing Ayurvedic massage therapy, Osho meditation-in-motion and much MORE!
- Post-program support
- Reiki 1 attunement session
- Spiritual hiking trip through a woodland forest, see waterfalls and enjoy a Guided Yoga Nidra meditation at the top of the peak or beside the waterfall ( optional)
We can provide a complimentary pick-up for you at the Portimao-Marina bus station to take you to your apartment in Portimao, praia da Rocha beach. Please let us know 3-5 days prior to your arrival.
Shared apartment: € 2,599 EUR
14 Day 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training & Ayurvedic Yoga Massage in Algarve, Portugal. Shared apartment with self-service kitchen
€ 3299 EUR
14 Day 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training & Ayurvedic Yoga Massage in Algarve, Portugal. Private apartment with self-service kitchen
To register € 400 EUR deposit is required
14 Day 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training & Ayurvedic Yoga Massage in Algarve, Portugal. Deposit
Tuition increases 100 Euros 3 months prior to start date.
All of our previous courses have often been at capacity 4-6 months prior to start date.
Beginners welcome. Everyone welcome!
One year experience in Ashtanga or Vinyasa yoga is highly recommended
Meet eclectic, like-minded yogis from all over the world and make life-long lasting friends with students and teachers!!
Our previous RYT 200 attracted yogis from 17 different countries including: Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Spain, Taiwan, China, London, Germany and Dubai…
If you feel inspired to register into the program please do not hesitate and contact us as soon as possible. Please do not miss out on this incredible life time journey of wellness, health and mind, body, spirit rejuvenation.
If you are interested in registering and have any questions